Find the hidden word, using the position clues. See here
for an example.
- Hidden word has four letters, no repeats
- Enter guesses, four letters, no repeats
- Guesses have to be valid English words
- For each guess, the number of matching letters is shown
- Exact positional match is a BULL (letter is same position in the guess and in the hidden word),
like in bulls-eye
- Partial match (letter is present in the hidden word but at a different position) is a COW
- Hints are available, usually the hint will have 1 Bull. Hints show up in the Guesses table with a blue background
For example, if the hidden word is WORK,
- Guess ROSE has 1 bull (O), 1 cow (R)
- Guess CORD has 2 bulls (O & R), 0 cows
- Guess WORK has 4 bulls, game over
Ways to Play
- Click on Start, play against a word chosen by the computer at random
- Share game link with someone and solve together
- Choose a word and click Setup, share the game link with someone to challenge them
- Create multiple challenges using the same word, share unique links with different people/kids.
They play to see who can solve with fewest guesses, or who can solve it fastest
- Game clock starts after the first guess is entered
- It can take six to ten guesses to finish one game
- Easy/Medium/Hard difficulty levels control what word is chosen as the hidden word. Easy words usually are common words with two vowels
- Try to find the vowels first
- The Game can be shared by sending the game link, like https://cowbull.co/game?id=ABCDE.
Or enter the game id (five character string) like ABCDE and hit Resume.
- Some words can be difficult to solve. To help kids start, create a challenge and then start off
the game by entering a starter guess. For example, if the hidden word is TOYS, enter SONG as first
guess, which gives 1 Bull and 1 Cow.
- Click on any of the words to get a dictionary link for the meaning
Made by Ajay, Rishi, Richa. email@example.com